Jazz on Twitter: What You Might Have Missed
I’ve been tweeting on Twitter for a few months now. I find that it’s the easiest and fastest way for me to communicate news and other contemporary jazz items of interest. There is a good community of jazz fans on Twitter. I keep a constant search on for ‘jazz’ and am inspired to see it update so frequently. Even if you filter out tweets mentioning “jazz hands” and “all that jazz,” there is a considerable amount of people talking jazz.
I keep a list of my most recent tweets here on the site, but you might have missed a few things of interest. Among my nearly 350 updates, I’ve reported:
- New Rick Braun recording, All It Takes, out on July 28. Trumpeter worked w/ Philippe Saisse on it.
- Savoy Jazz free at Amazon’s MP3 Store today. Includes Bird, Basie, Dizzy, McPartland, and more! http://bit.ly/17jSH7
- Kind of Bloop: An 8-Bit Tribute to Miles Davis http://bit.ly/YCGaR
- Join Joyce Cooling’s Walk Team in San Francisco on May 30. Benefits Natl Assc. on Mental Illness. http://is.gd/ztad
- Most viewed Legends of Jazz video on YouTube: Marcus Miller, George Duke, Lee Ritenour on “Panther”. cool. http://bit.ly/O2eSE
- Jazziz magazine celebrates 25 years. I really enjoyed that magazine over 15 years ago. They’re celebrating w/ a cruise: http://is.gd/vpFq
- Next release from Maysa will be a live recording. Good article on her at http://bit.ly/148r38
Twitter isn’t a fad. It’s here to stay and I’m happy to have this way to share information. Follow me!
Leave a Comment